Sringeri Sadhana Center follows the traditional and authentic practice of Vedic culture and principles (Sanatana Dharma) to preserve the peace and sanctity of the Temple which are essential for a conducive environment for worship and prayers. Accordingly, SVBF requests your cooperation in observing the following guidelines when you are visiting the Temple. Please remember this is your Temple and our intent is to ensure everyone has a peaceful experience during his or her visit.
Main Temple Hall
- Please turn off your cell phone or beeper or switch them to vibrate mode before entering Main Temple Hall.
- Please remain silent during the pooja.
- Please carry out all general conversations outside of the Main Temple Hall.
- Please make or receive any telephone calls outside of the Main Temple Hall.
- Please restrain your children from running around or making noise in the Main Temple Hall.
- We suggest that the children be engaged in prayer or another quiet activity while in the Main Temple Hall.
- If you have to leave during the pooja, please do so quietly without causing any disturbance to other devotees.
- Please do not touch or lean over the Deities. Please do not step on to the altar.
- Please do not stand in the front during the pooja when others are sitting behind you.
- Please do not sit stretching your legs towards the Deities.
- Please receive prasadam and other offerings in an orderly fashion following the pooja.
- Please help us maintain the Temple surroundings clean.
- Please return the meditation chairs to the designated area after using them in the Main Temple hall.
- Please do not change children’s diapers in the Main Temple Hall.
- Please do not leave any trash behind in the Temple surroundings.
Food and Drinks
- Food and Drinks are not allowed in the Main Temple Hall.
- Please feed children outside the Main Temple Hall.
- Alcohol, smoking and non-vegetarian food are not allowed anywhere in the Temple property.
- Please do not eat prasadam in the Main Temple Hall.
- Please note that the Temple is a sacred place of worship and use your discretion to dress accordingly.
- No footwear is allowed in the Temple Hall, dining and kitchen areas
SVBF offers these guidelines to provide an environment of devotion and sanctity for all the devotees. We need your cooperation in maintaining these traditions as much as possible. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or comments on these guidelines, please contact one of our volunteers by clicking here
Devotees are advised to take care of their children and their
belongings while at the temple. SVBF is not responsible for any loss,
damage, accidents or other unforeseen circumstances encountered by the
visitors while at the premises.